Can Not Install Flash Player 7 When Installing QuickBooks
Registered users do not see advertisement
The following error occurs when installing QuickBooks:
"Cannot install 'Flash Player 7' from '[CD Drive Letter]:\ThirdParty\Flash7\install_flash_player_7.msi'. Please go to to download and install "Flash Player 7", and then run the QuickBooks installation program again.[Error:1603]"
To verify that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed
- In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button and then select Control Panel.
Note: Depending on your Windows configuration, you may need to select Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon to open the Add or Remove Programs window.
- If Flash Player 7 or later appears in the list of programs, then it is currently installed on your computer.
If a correct version of Flash Player is not installed on your computer and the error occurs, follow the steps below:
Note: The Flash Player 7.0 install file install_flash_player_7.msi is located on the QuickBooks 2005 CD at location \ThirdParty\Flash7, or available through download at the location provided below.
- Go to the Flash Player download site.
- Follow the instructions to download Adobe Flash Player.
- After installing the Flash Player, try to install QuickBooks again.
- If you still cannot install QuickBooks, proceed to the next section.
If you have Adobe Flash Player 7 or later installed on your computer, or if the previous steps did not resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
- Insert the QuickBooks installation CD (if you downloaded the QuickBooks installation files please see the alternative steps given below).
- Close any installation screen that displays automatically.
- Click the Start button and select My Computer, or right-click the Start button and select Explore.
- Browse to find and open the contents of the CD drive.
- Open the QBooks folder on the CD and double-click the QuickBooks.msi file. This will install QuickBooks without checking the version of Flash Player.
Note: If you do not see the .msi file extension, your Explorer window is probably configured to Hide extensions for known file types. You can still select the QuickBooks.msi file because it is the only file in the QBooks folder named "QuickBooks," and you will also see Windows Installer Package in the Type column next to the QuickBooks file name.
Alternative steps for Downloaded versions of QuickBooks:
- Go to Start>Run
- Type "%temp%" (without the quotes) into the run line
- Locate the Pro or Premier folder in the Temp folder, open the QBooks folder, and then double-click the QuickBooks.msi file. This will install QuickBooks without checking the version of Flash.